Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 22 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

After several days in a row of successful animal portraits, I decided to tackle another landscape. And I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

I came across this scene when we were camped in Marin, California.  There was a protected marsh area behind the campground with paths for walking - including dog walking.  We'd been away from any kind of nature for what seemed like weeks (and was only a few days), so the marsh was very soothing to my soul.  Like putting moisturizer on dry skin.  The mailbox in this painting was actually a place to pick up a bag for dog waste. There was a bucket next to it to place filled bags in, which I left out of the painting.  We found lots of "doggy waste pots" along our travels and this one was the most unique by far.

This was painted on a 5" x 7" Raymar art panel using water mixable oils.  I really like using these Raymar art panels.  They are made with MDF board that has canvas on one side and a gray melamine on the back that keeps it from warping.  They are 1/8" thick and are perfect when I go plein air painting (painting outside).  I picked this 5" x 7" panel today with a particular frame in mind.  It's a pretty little frame that I picked up a maybe a year ago and still haven't found the perfect painting to put in.  Maybe this will be the one.




Thanks for reading - I'll probably be doing an animal again tomorrow, so I'll see you at www.suzun.blogspot.com then!

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

No comments:

Post a Comment