Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 12 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Montana

For some unknown and obviously crazy reason, I decided to paint a landscape today.  Totally out of the comfort zone on this one.  

This scene is a river in Montana, somewhere on the western side of Yellowstone National Park. I remember being amazed by the colors of the grasses along the river.  Browns, yellows, oranges and greens.  Some of the prettiest landscape we saw on our travels.




This one, again, is painting on a 6" x 8" sheet of gessoed watercolor paper. 

If you've seen this blog before, you know I've been working on a series of paintings from our trip.  I have some more finished paintings to post, but I've been a bit too busy painting to do much more posting than the daily painting.  I'll get them up here soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

No comments:

Post a Comment