Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 16, 30 Paintings in 30 Days

I really surprised myself by choosing this scene to paint for today's painting, the 16th in the Challenge.  First, yesterday's painting wore me out (click here for that post).  Second, last night was the first night I went to bed with no painting planned for the next day.  Third, landscapes, as I've mentioned before, are definitely out of my comfort zone.  As I painted today, I think my problem with landscapes is TREES.  They are very difficult paint - at least for me.  

With that in mind, I'm pleased with the way this little painting turned out.  It is 4" x 6" and on gessoed watercolor paper and painted with water mixable oils.  The last morning we were camped at Yellowstone, we woke up to dense fog and temperatures about 26 degrees.  We took the dogs for a walk down by the lake.  The little bridge leads back to a section of the campground.



It's been raining here since Monday and that rain has kept me painting at my drafting table so that I have better light.  I'm missing my studio and standing up to paint.  Maybe next week.

Oops.  The rain just turned to snow.  The dogs will be so much happier with snow than all the rain.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you again tomorrow.

susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

1 comment:

  1. I have to say the trees turned out really great on this painting, I love the blurred ones on the background! Beautiful work, Susan!

    ReplyDelete