Wednesday, January 30, 2013

29th Day - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Today is the next to the last day in the 30 in 30 Challenge.  I've been enjoying myself so much that I found myself dragging today's progress out.  I took my time with the initial sketch and then spent about part of both the afternoon and the evening working on the painting.  

These donkeys are part of a group known as the Begging Burros at Custer State Park.  They came right up to the van and stuck their noses in looking for food.  There are so many of them, they block the road and wait for food handouts.

I painted these two Begging Burros on a 6" x 8" Raymar art panel with water mixable oils. 



I'm afraid that none of my photos of the paintings in this series do the paintings justice.  At some point, I'll have to re-take photos of them all.  It's best to take photos of artwork on a sunny day with the art in the shade.  Those kind of conditions in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the winter just don't occur very often. But the next sunny day that comes along I'll find a shady spot and photograph them all and get them re-posted.

Thank for stopping by.  I hope I'll see you again tomorrow.


susan
www.susangarriques.com
susan@susangarriques.com

No comments:

Post a Comment